When people hear of elderly men’s diminishing erections, they instantly think of Viagra. Yes, Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra have the ability to help keep a man hard. However, fewer than half of men over 50 have tried them, and even fewer have had their prescriptions renewed. Why? Because the drugs don’t always perform as well as they should and have unpleasant side effects.
Read along to know the best home remedies that a man can get and practice to keep him hard.
How Can Healthy Diet Keep A Man Hard
A diet that promotes heart health may also be beneficial to penile health.
According to a 1994 study, eating a diet high in fatty, fried, or processed foods may increase your risk of illnesses that might damage your sexual health and general well-being. But following the Mediterranean diet may help sustain erectile function.
As we know, erectile dysfunction can be caused by the same risk factors that cause heart diseases, such as obesity and high blood pressure. A Mediterranean diet may aid in the reduction of these risk factors. Aside from this, following a Mediterranean diet may also help:
- lower cholesterol
- increase antioxidants
- increase L-arginine levels
- improve blood flow
Nevertheless, you can start by eating more of the following if you aren’t ready to make the move or want to ease into it gradually:
- vegetables such as carrots, kale, and spinach
- fruits such as bananas, apples, and grapes
- nuts and seeds such as almonds, walnuts, and even sunflower seeds
- legumes such as beans, peanuts, and lentils
- tubers such as potatoes and yams
- poultry such as chicken and turkey
- dairies such as cheese and yogurt
- healthy fats including extra-virgin olive oil and avocados
Effects of Fruits, Vegetables, Whole Grains, and Legumes
Many fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes have nutrients that aid to enhance blood flow throughout your body, including your penis.
These types of foods are also one of the keys to good, persistent erections are blood flow to the penis. Here are a few foods that may be beneficial:
- According to a 1993 study, fruits strong in antioxidants and anthocyanins, such as blueberries, can help protect body tissues and reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Foods high in vitamin B12, such as fermented soy-based tempeh, can assist support other biological activities that contribute to erectile health.
- Foods containing L-arginine, such as oatmeal, can help relax muscles and enhance blood flow according to a 2003 study.
Foods To Avoid
To improve erectile function, the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases recommends avoiding the following items:
- saturated fat-rich foods
- foods that are high in salt
How Can Drinks Affect a Man’s Erection
Alcohol lowers sexual sensitivity and makes getting and maintaining an erection more difficult. Excessive alcohol use might have a negative impact on sexual response. This can lead to erectile dysfunction over time.
Alcohol consumption should be limited or avoided if you want to improve your erectile function. A person might want to think about planning a romantic occasion without alcohol or increasing the amount of time they go without it.
Is Caffeine Good?
Do you enjoy coffee or tea? Great! Caffeine may enhance blood flow and relax the muscles that help you get and retain an erection, according to a 2005 study.
Nevertheless, you should limit yourself to black coffee, unsweetened tea, and caffeinated beverages with no added sugar.
Effects of Healthy Lifestyle To Your Erection
Physical inactivity, according to some 2013 research, can have a negative impact on erectile function.
Just 20 minutes of exercise every day can help you improve your circulation and lose weight, both of which are important variables in overall erectile health.
Make time for a short walk or jog, or try the exercises below for a quick at-home workout:
Disrupted sleep, a lack of sleep, and sleep disorders, according to research, can all influence sexual function. Erectile dysfunction and sleep disorders are linked, and sleep disorders can impair erectile performance.
The link between testosterone levels and sleep was investigated in a small-scale study published in 2011. Sleep deprivation was found to lower testosterone levels, which are critical in sexual behavior and libido, according to the study.
Getting enough sleep can help you avoid erectile dysfunction and improve your sexual function.
Smoking can decrease blood flow to the penis, increasing the risk of erectile dysfunction. Smoking damages blood vessels and has been linked to heart and blood vessel disease, both of which can decrease erectile function.
Smoking cessation or reduction may assist to enhance erectile function and minimize the risk of developing issues.
Maintaining Healthy Weight
Maintaining a good erectile function can be aided by maintaining a healthy weight through regular exercise and a nutritious diet.
Obesity is a risk factor for diabetes, and high blood sugar levels caused by diabetes can damage nerves and blood vessels. Blood flow to the penis can be reduced by nerve injury and poor circulation, making it more difficult to achieve a firm or long-lasting erection.
Diabetes patients can assist treat erectile dysfunction by controlling their blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
Losing weight can aid in the prevention of erectile dysfunction by:
- inflammation reduction
- testosterone levels to rise
- boosting self-esteem (if that is an issue)
How Can Stress Affect a Man’s Hardness
Cortisol, a hormone that helps regulate blood pressure and circulatory systems, is released when people are stressed. Chronic stress can have an impact on a man’s reproductive system, resulting in:
- testosterone production changes, resulting in a decrease in sex drive or desire
- erection difficulties
Stress management and reduction may help to improve erectile function. The following suggestions may be useful:
- exercising on a regular basis
- having a social network of people to lean on
- each night receiving a good night’s sleep
- experimenting with relaxation and mindfulness methods
Herbal Supplements for Harder Erections
Herbal supplements aren’t subject to the same regulations as food and medications. Many herbs, both over-the-counter and prescription, can interact with one another.
Before incorporating any of the supplements listed below into your daily routine, speak with your doctor. They can talk about your personal risk of adverse effects.
Consult your service provider about:
- L-citrulline – This is a different type of amino acid. It is converted to L-arginine by your body. It also aids in the production of nitric oxide, which enhances blood flow.
- Ginseng – With a component called ginsenosides, this herb has been proved to boost libido for a long time. It might also help with sperm quality and count.
- Yohimbe – This chemical obtained from tree bark is thought to inhibit alpha-2 adrenergic receptors. This may improve blood flow, resulting in greater erections. More research is needed to fully comprehend this potential link.
- Weed of the horny goat – Icariin is found in this wonderfully called herb. PDE5, an enzyme that prevents erections, is blocked by this drug. It also makes blood flow into the smooth muscles of the penis easier.
If your doctor agrees, you might want to investigate these erectile dysfunction herbs. These natural remedies may also be beneficial for you and your partner.
When To See Your Doctor
If the aforementioned solutions do not work and a person is unable to obtain or maintain decent erections, they should consult a doctor.
Erectile dysfunction can often be an indication of a more serious underlying health problem, such as heart disease or diabetes.
Moreover, low testosterone levels might also have a negative impact on your sexual performance. If you experience any of the following symptoms, see a doctor:
- low sperm count volume
- abnormal hair thinning
- chronic exhaustion
- having trouble concentrating
- you’re having memory problems
- muscular mass loss
- abnormal fat accumulation, particularly in the chest (gynecomastia)
Your doctor can request blood tests and, if necessary, prescribe therapy. Our company will help you connect with physicians in your region if you don’t currently have one.