How Does The Online Treatment Service Work?
Fill out a questionnaire our experts will look at.
If you are eligible for the treatment, you will be sent to the checkout page.
Start Your Treatment
The selected treatment will be delivered to your address.
Benefits Of Using True Medical Online Treatment Service
Shipped To Your Address
Select your shipping address and choose from one of our available shipping options including same-day shipping.
Your treatment will be delivered in a discreet, unlabeled and unmarked package, ensuring complete discretion.
Make sure your selected treatment is right for you by consulting with our experts online.
What Are Birth Control Pills?
Women use contraceptive pills to prevent unwanted pregnancy and take a more controlled approach to family planning. The “pill”, as it is also referred to, enables women to decide whether and when they want to get pregnant by relying on a specific combination of female hormones, affecting the body in one of the three possible ways.
Contraceptive pills are taken once a day, every day. Some pills have a 7-day pause during which a period occurs.
The pill is over 99% effective in preventing pregnancy when used correctly.
Which Contraceptive Pill Is Best For Me?
There is no universal answer to that question since the best contraceptive pill is determined on a case-by-case basis. In consultation with a medical professional, you can find birth control pills in the UK that suit you and can provide you with optimal results both in terms of pregnancy prevention and menstrual relief.
Your medical professional will take numerous considerations into account when advising you on the most appropriate type of pill, including your medical history, age, menstrual characteristics, whether you have given birth, etc.
Here are a few guidelines that you should follow when choosing a contraceptive pill:
- Discuss your options with a medical professional during your consultation.
- Compare the advantages of both combined and mini contraceptive pills.
- Don’t forget to discuss or research possible side effects
- Consider your existing medical conditions
Benefits Of Using A Contraceptive Pill
- Prevents Unwanted Pregnancy
- Helps Regulate The Menstrual Cycle
- Alleviates Menstrual Symptoms
- Helps With Pregnancy Planning
- Highly Effective
- Reduces Hormonal Acne
Where Can I Buy Contraceptive Pills Online?
If you are looking to buy contraception online, you can turn to True Medical for help.
If you are currently using a contraceptive and need a quick and efficient way to resupply with the pill, you can order the pill online. You will be asked to fill out a questionnaire that will help our experts determine whether you are eligible for the treatment.
Once you do, your treatment will be discreetly packaged and delivered to your UK shipping address, with a next-day delivery option available as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does The Contraceptive Pill Work?
Women can choose between two main types of contraceptive pills: the combined and the mini pill. These pills can prevent pregnancy in two different ways.
Combined contraceptive pills. This type of pill is one of the most effective female contraception pills based on progestogen and oestrogen contained in small doses. These synthetic hormones can affect the female body in three possible ways and prevent pregnancy by:
- Stopping the ovaries from releasing an egg
- Thickening the cervix fluid to prevent sperm from entering the womb
- Preventing egg growth by stopping the thickening of the womb lining
Mini pills. The main difference between mini and combined contraceptive pills is that the mini pill consists solely of progestogen. This means that it has only one effect on the female body. This type of pill prevents conception by stopping sperm from entering the womb.
What Are The Most Frequently Used Contraceptive Pills?
The list of the most well-known and frequently prescribed contraceptive pill brands in the UK includes:
- Cerazette is an effective type of contraceptive suitable for breastfeeding women. These pills consist solely of progestogen.
- Clairette pills are a convenient birth control solution that is also often used as a type of treatment for acne and rosacea.
- Loestrin pills are low in oestrogen and have a mild effect on the body. Aside from being a highly effective contraceptive, these pills can also make periods less severe.
- Logynon is another popular solution for pregnancy prevention. Women can easily use these pills since they are colour-coded. Logynon also alleviates menstrual symptoms.
- Marvelon offers numerous benefits, including lighter and shorter periods and less severe menstrual symptoms. These contraceptive pills contain both types of hormones in low doses.
- Mercilon pills are gentle to the body and enable women to regulate their menstrual cycles in addition to preventing pregnancy.
- Microgynon pills are an effective and easy-to-use birth control solution. They consist of both progestogen and oestrogen, which makes them a combined contraceptive.
- Noriday pills represent mini pills since they contain just progestogen. They are effective in 99% of cases and are even suitable for breastfeeding women.
- Ovranette is a brand of combined contraceptive pills that offers a success rate of 99%. They also enable women to achieve better menstrual regulation.
- Rigevidon pills also bring ease of use, offering a high level of birth control effectiveness of up to 99%/ They are based on the combination of oestrogen and progestogen.
- Qlaira pills are another effective way to prevent conception while simultaneously bringing period relief. Women taking these pills often have greater menstrual control and experience lighter and more regular periods.
- Yasmin contraceptive pills come in labelled packets for a greater level of convenience. They are a highly effective type of contraceptive pills that can also alleviate period pain.
What Is The Difference Between The Combined And Mini Pill?
Combined pregnancy pills are one of the most popular contraceptive methods among women for the following reasons:
- They are a highly effective type of birth control pills.
- They can alleviate the symptoms of menstrual periods.
- The combined pills help regulate the menstrual cycle.
This type of pill also minimizes your risk of developing womb, colon, or ovary cancer.
However, it’s important to mention that combined pills may lead to certain side effects, especially at the beginning of your birth control treatment. These side effects include weight gain, mood swings, skin problems, and, in some cases, higher chances of developing blood clots.
Of course, this depends on each individual case, which means that you may experience some or all of these symptoms. This is why it’s important that you find the right type of contraceptive pill for your body.
Mini Pills are a bit less popular than the combined contraceptives, but they still offer an array of benefits:
- Easy to Use
- No risk of developing blood clots since they are progestogen-based.
- These pills are suitable for a great number of women, including those breastfeeding.
Nonetheless, the mini pill also has some disadvantages when compared to the combined pill. Namely, mini contraceptives are typically less effective than the other type of birth control pills. In addition, since they don’t regulate the menstrual cycle, you may also experience “breakout” or irregular bleeding.
Which Is Better, The Combined Pill Or The Mini PIll?
Unfortunately, there is no straightforward answer to this question. It all depends on your individual case and body type, age and a number of other factors. Therefore, you should carefully consider your options, consult with a medical professional, and conduct extensive research to find a contraceptive pill that suits you most.
Additionally, if you feel that the pill you’re taking is too difficult on your body, you can always find an alternative solution. In this case, it’s always advisable that you consult your doctor, discuss the negative effects you’re experiencing, and seek their advice on possible alternative treatment.
Will The Contraceptive Pill Make Me Infertile?
The contraceptive pill will not affect your childbearing ability once you stop taking it. In some women, the menstrual cycle might not revert back to normal right away. However, this does not affect fertility in the long run.
Will The Contraceptive Pill Make Me Fat?
This is one of the most common myths about using a contraceptive pill. Any medicine you take has the potential to lead to some side effects, even though they do not affect most people.
When it comes to contraceptive pills, very few women who use them gain weight due to the effects of the treatment. Some perceived weight gain is normal due to mild fluid retention, but the pill has no effect on increased body fat.