As a type of female contraception, Ovranette pills are used to prevent pregnancy. These contraceptive pills contain hormones that hinder the egg ripening process and its release from the ovaries. Ovranette actually works by making the body think that ovulation took place.
What is Ovranette?
Ovranette is a type of oral birth control that’s categorized as the combined pill since it contains both estrogen and progesterone. To be more specific, the active ingredients found in Ovranette are the synthetic versions of these two hormones: ethynylestradiol and levonorgestrel respectively.
What is Ovranette used for?
As a method of birth control, Ovrantte is prescribed to women who want to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Additionally, Ovranette pills can be used to alleviate the symptoms of the menstrual cycle in women who experience significant pain, discomfort, and heavy, irregular bleeding.
How does Ovranette work?
Since Ovranette contains synthetic female sex hormones, estrogen, and progesterone, it has a significant effect on the menstrual cycle, tricking the body into thinking that the ovulation process already took place.
Hormone levels in women change during their menstrual cycles. Estrogen and progesterone trigger the release of an egg from ovaries during ovulation. In addition, they also affect the womb lining, preparing it for a possible pregnancy. If the egg isn’t fertilised, the hormone levels drop and cause the womb lining to shed at the end of a menstrual cycle.
How Ovranette pills stop pregnancy
By taking Ovranette pills, you will be able to override the process of egg ripening and womb lining. Since these pills contain estrogen and progesterone, they’re able to make the womb lining less suitable for egg implantation in case it gets fertilised.
Ovranette also prevents sperm cells from entering the womb by thickening the mucus fluid found at the womb neck.
Will Ovranette stop my period?
No contraceptive pill can stop your period altogether. What Ovranette pills can do is regulate your periods. As a type of the combined pill, Ovranette pills should be taken for 21 days with a seven-day break. During this break, women typically experience menstrual bleeding.
How do you take Ovranette?
Ovranette pills are monophasic pills, which means that all the tables in a pack contain the same amount of estrogen and progesterone.
Before starting taking these contraceptive pills, it’s highly advisable that you consult with your doctor and read the information leaflet carefully. Your medical professional will typically examine you and check if you’re not pregnant. They may also talk to you about your medical and family history and perform additional tests if needed.
As for the use of Ovranette pills, here are a few general guidelines:
- You should take a pill every day for 21 days and then stop taking Ovranette for seven days. It’s advisable that you take an Ovranette pill daily at approximately the same time.
- During the week-long break, you will experience menstrual bleeding due to a drop in your hormone levels.
- You should start taking Ovranette pills again after seven days. You should not delay taking the pills even if you still experience menstrual bleeding.
- Since this is an oral contraceptive, you should take a pill with water. You can take the pills both with or without food.
- You should follow the calendar markings on the pill packet. The packet is marked for every day of the week, reminding you to take your Ovranette pills regularly for three weeks.
- If you take Ovranette regularly with no exception, you will be protected against pregnancy even during the seven-day break.
When to start taking Ovranette?
To protect yourself against unwanted pregnancy, you should start taking Ovranette on the first day of your period. Additionally, you can start taking the pill on any other day during your menstrual cycle provided that you are not pregnant.
However, if you don’t start taking Ovranette on the first day, it won’t take effect, which means that you won’t be protected against pregnancy, especially if you have a short menstrual cycle. In this case, it’s highly recommended that you use other methods of birth control such as condoms.