Cerazette pills are a type of birth control available to women in the UK. Since Cerazette contains only progestogen, it is categorized as the mini pill.
What is Cerazette?
Cerazette is one of the common contraceptive pill names often prescribed to women who want to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Cerazette pills are progestogen-based, which means that they are a type of mini pill.
What does Cerazette contain?
As already mentioned, this contraceptive solution contains progestogen. To be more specific, Cerazette consists of the progestogen desogestrel, a female sex hormone.
How does Cerazette work?
As a mini pill, Cerazette prevents pregnancy by stopping the sperm cells and preventing them from even entering the womb. Generally, Cerazette also hinders the ripening of the egg cell in most women.
Do you get a period on Cerazette?
Women who take Cerazette contraceptive pills cannot delay their periods as they need to take this type of birth control regularly. Unlike with the combined pill, there is no seven-day break.
How long after taking Cerazette do you get your period?
If you stop taking Cerazette, you can expect your period within two to four weeks. However, it’s important to mention that this depends on your cycle, as well as any other factors that may affect it.
How to take Cerazette?
If you want to buy Cerazette in the UK, you should know that you will need a prescription since this is prescription-only birth control. Therefore, you will need to schedule a consultation with your doctor who will advise you on how to properly use Cerazette mini pills.
It’s highly advisable that you follow your doctor’s advice and also read the information leaflet that you will find in the packet. If you have any questions or concerns, make sure to discuss them with your medical professional.
How do I use Cerazette?
Women who haven’t been taking any type of hormonal birth control within the previous month need to start taking Cerazette pills on the first day of their period. This contraceptive solution is taken orally with water on a daily basis.
Therefore, if you’re on Cerazette and happen to have a missed pill, you need to use other types of contraceptive methods. In this case, it’s advisable that you use barrier birth control such as condoms.
For ease of use, the Cerazette pill packet is clearly marked, so you will be able to easily take one every day. The packet is marked with both days of the week and direction of use. If you start taking Cerazette on, for instance, Tuesday, you should start with the pill marked with “Tue” in the first row. After finishing a pack, you should start using a new one on the next day without any delay.
Here are a few additional guidelines:
- If you have been taking other birth control pills, make sure to start taking Cerazette mini pills without any break. This means that you should take a Cerazette pill day after you have completed the pack you’ve been using.
- If you have just given birth, you can go back on Cerazette birth control within 21 to 28 days after your delivery. Of course, you can also reach out to your doctor for medical advice in this situation.
- If you’ve had an abortion or are currently breastfeeding, make sure to consult your doctor prior to starting your birth control treatment.
What’s the correct dose of Cerazette?
The Cerazette packet contains 75 microgram birth control pills. They are film-coated and contain desogestrel. One packet can last for four weeks as it contains 28 pills. You should take a pill on a daily basis and try to take it at approximately the same time.
If you happen to:
- You realize you’ve missed the pill within 12 hours: In the event of a missed dose of Cerazette, you can take the missed pill if less than 12 hours have passed. In that case, you can take the next pill at the time you normally take it. You can rest easy because you will have protection against pregnancy during this period.
- You realise you’ve missed the pill after 12 hours: If you miss taking a Cerazette contraceptive pill and you don’t realise it within the first 12 hours, you should take it even if it’s been more than 12 hours. You should then take the next Cerazette pill at the regular time, which means that you may take two pills in a day. However, in this case, you need to use additional contraceptive methods for the following seven days as you may not have adequate pregnancy protection.
- Vomit or have severe diarrhoea: If you happen to experience severe vomiting or diarrhoea within the first three or four hours after you’ve taken Cerazette, it’s highly advisable that you use additional methods of contraception and follow the same advice as in the previous two cases regarding the use of the pill. In the event of vomiting and diarrhoea, your body may not absorb the active ingredient entirely.